Coaching Essentials Programme
training course is designed for individuals wanting a thorough grounding in fundamental coaching skills, as well as for organisations wishing to develop internal coaching capability. The 10-day coach training course has been accredited by the ICF as providing 65 hours of approved coach specific training (ACSTH) and participants will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to apply to take the ICF examination for the ACC credential.
The training course is based on our Professional Coaching Skills and provides essential coach training in all the core coaching competencies as defined by the ICF. Through taught input and experiential work, with extensive practice, observation and feedback, students develop the knowledge, attitudes and skills required of a proficient, ethical, professional coach.
This 10 day coach training course is designed to develop the coaching skills, capabilities and effectiveness of managers and leaders so they more effectively influence the performance of their people to the benefit of the organisation, the business and all involved.
- Develop coaching skills (as specified by the International Coach Federation’s core coaching competencies) to Associate Certified Coach (ACC) level;
- Integrate knowledge across a number of key coaching subject areas;
- Integrate the practical application of coaching models, tools and competencies;
- Contextualise coaching within the wider field of learning and development, and leadership.
All our coach training courses are accredited as Approved Coach Specific Training Hours by the International Coach Federation, the leading (and only global) organisation representing professional coaching and coaches. For those delegates who wish to pursue an individual ICF credential, Coaching Development provides the opportunity to gain further training to enable application for either Associate Certified Coach (60 hours training) or Professional Certified Coach (125 hours training). In either case, accumulated client hours and examination is required in addition to training.
Proposed course content
The coach training course will cover the following topics, though not necessarily in the given order. The 2-day intensive Module 1 will provide a broad understanding and experience of all the key competencies to enable participants to begin coaching practice (with their cohort) immediately. Then, throughout the following modules, specific topics will be returned to and explored in greater depth.
- Core coaching competencies (ICF).
- Distinctions from mentoring, counselling, etc.
- The fundamental coaching attitude / stance. ‘Coaching presence’.
- The coaching process.
- The essential coaching contract – defining purpose / focus / desired outcome.
- Co-designing and contracting the coaching relationship.
- Developing trust, rapport, empathy.
- Active listening skills; listening and reflecting at depth.
- Observation skills.
- Questioning skills; powerful questions.
- Creating awareness.
- Action orientation.
- Attitudes, assumptions, beliefs, values.
- Support and challenge.
- States and optimal state for coaching.
- Working with strong emotions.
- Specific tools and processes.
Fees and availability
This coach training course is available to organisations on an in-house and bespoke basis. It can also be provided as a public coach training course in countries where Coaching Development does not currently offer its Professional Coaching Skills coaching course. Anyone wishing to host such a programme is welcome to contact us.
All enquiries, including fee structure, should be directed to: bobbiecoachingdevelopment.com