This online program is the official introductory Transactional Analysis (TA) program, known as the TA 101.
TA is a theory of human development, personality, and communication. It has concepts that can be learned and applied as tools for personal and professional growth and change. The underlying philosophy is one of mutual self-respect and caring and a belief in peoples’ ability to be responsible, think for themselves and make their own decisions.
Karen's TA 101 workshop was more than I could've imagined it being regarding the in-depth knowledge that was shared as well as how the course was run. Karen is incredibly meticulous in her ability to teach complex information and accessibility for her students. Being in a virtual classroom was very powerful as we were able to see all the students well, contribute in smaller break out rooms that alleviated any anxiety that I usually experience in group work and we didn't waste any time during breaks moving from one activity to the next. What I loved even more was that we were able to experience the virtual workshop with students from around the world, which would not have been possible otherwise! I'm very grateful for the doing the course and will certainly be continuing my learning journey of TA due to such a wonderful experience. - Nicola S
Wherever in the world you attend a TA 101, you will learn the same range of TA concepts and discover some of the background and development of TA. Only internationally accredited Transactional Analysts can run a 101. This ensures that high standards are maintained to ensure that the learning experience incorporates accurate and consistent information about TA.
This course, taught by an accredited Transactional Analyst, will carry accreditation with the International Transactional Analysis Association (ITAA) and the European Association of Transactional Analysis (EATA). It is a dynamic, practical and insight-full introduction to applied psychology for coaches.
"Thank you so much for the course! I enjoyed it so much. I really enjoyed the online platform. Helped me to feel comfortable learning in my own space at home. I think it is up to the individual how much you get out of it. You can choose to be distracted and zone out or choose to stay engaged with the group online and derive the optimal benefit from it. Highly recommend for couples to do together!" - Dr Jess Kew
By the end of the TA 101, participants will be able to:
- Describe basic theoretical concepts of transactional analysis
- Classify a range of interpersonal behaviours and internal processes using basic transactional analysis concepts
- Apply basic transactional analysis concepts to explore new options for understanding themselves and communicating and relating with others
What is Transactional Analysis?
TA is described by the ITAA as ‘a theory of personality and a systematic psychotherapy for personal growth and change’
To flesh this out, we can say that TA is:
- A theory of human development, personality and communication
- A set of interlocking concepts which can be understood and applied for personal change
- An easily accessible language to describe and understand experience and behaviour
- A set of concepts enabling people to readily understand and integrate the concepts into their lived experience.
The philosophical basis for TA states that:
- As human beings, all people are intrinsically OK, even though their behaviour may not be
- People can think for themselves and take responsibility to make their own choices
- People have an innate urge to grow, develop themselves and make new decisions about their lives
"Karen has a wonderful authentic, real and caring approach to this very insightful, deep and transformational topic. I found this online session to be hugely thought- provoking and highly engaging with just the right amount of edge! Thank you Karen, you are fabulous" - Lauren R, Leadership Development Practitioner
Karen Pratt PCC, TSTA (E)
Please view Karen's biography on our 'About Us' page.
|2024 - Online
|9am to 5pm (UK)
|Spring Cohort - March 8th and 9th
Autumn Cohort - September 23rd and 24th
|12 CCEUs core competencies
|£295 + VAT - A discounted rate of £500 + VAT applies if booking the TA 101 and TA 202 together.